Oregon Ballistic Laboratories maintains several specialized tools that are available for rental. The varied testing conducted by OBL has produced a large amount of equipment with applications in all sorts of destructive testing and beyond.
All equipment available for rental can come in three levels of service
Level 1: Independent Equipment Rental – This is intended for experienced users and includes the equipment and all required sensitivity/calibration information for operation.
- Short term rental of a piece of equipment that the user owns but is unavailable due to repairs or calibration needed.
- Equipment the user is very familiar with, but does not currently have in inventory.
Level 2: Equipment with On-Site or Off-Site Instruction – This is for new users and/or users who feel they could benefit with a refresher course on the operation of the equipment. This also includes ongoing troubleshooting via phone or email if necessary.
- Long term rental of equipment for use in ongoing testing
- Instruction in operation when the number of people exposed to testing must be kept to a minimum
Level 3: Equipment Accompanied by Operating Personnel – This is for inexperienced users or extremely technical applications or equipment.
- One time use of equipment
- Complicated test setups, or reverse engineering applications
List of equipment:
- FARO Quantum Arm with Laser Line Probe
- Hybrid III 50th Percentile Male Anthropomorphic Test Devices (ATDs)
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Doppler Radar